Creating Your Comprehensive Life Plan
BENCHMARK 4: Your Personal Mission Statement
Supplies Needed This Week:
This Week's Course Workbook:
Your Personal Course Journal
Dates to Remember:
Monday, 7:00pm Pacific Time
Deep Dive Learner Cohort for
Create Your Comprehensive Life Plan
This Week's Activities:
Developing your Mission Statement: In your journal, Answer the following questions for each of the Life Domains You Chose Last Week, remembering these things:
- The Personal Mission Statement is focused on Self-Discovery, rather than Creation
- Your Mission Statement should be written only to inspire you, not to impress another person
- Knowing yourself better will help you relate to and engage with the world at large.
Here are the questions:
- What do I Want from this part of my Life?
- What are my values for this Life Domain?
- What do I excel at in this Life Domain?
- What do I want to accomplish in this area of my life?
Beliefs: (Clarify on a broad level first, and then ask yourself these questions):
- How should I treat People in this area of my life?
- How would I like to be treated by others I know because of this Life Domain?
- What do I want the world I live in to be like for this life domain?
- If someone from this life domain treats me poorly, how will I respond?
- What should I do if someone from this Life Domain asks me to do something that goes against my beliefs?
- Where do you want to be in reference to this part of your life in a few years’ time?
- What responsibilities will that role require of you?
- What attitudes or practices will work best in this Life Domain?
- What is the ultimate goal in your life for each Life Domain?